IDEFIX is a research project held by the
Advanced Programming Languages and Technologies group
Human Computer Interaction group which both belong to the
Oviedo3 research group.
The goal is to research in the development of interactive environments that facilitate
distance learning of computer science topics.
The main features of the system are:
Frameworks based on
- Programming Language independence
- Adaptive interfaces to individual users
- Collaborative working environments
- On-line help and debugging
- Implementation based on web services
- Internationalization of information
- Automatic Assessment of user's work
- Compatibility with existing e-learning systems
Papers and presentations
A Generic e-Learning Multiparadigm Programming Language System: IDEFIX Project
J. E. Labra G. Jose M. Morales Gil, A. M. Fernández Álvarez, H. Sagastegui,
ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE 2003),
Reno, Nevada, USA, Feb. 2003
- Development of a Multi-paradigm Programming Language e-Learning System: IDEFIX Project
Jose E. Labra G., Jose M. Morales Gil, Roberto Turrado C.
International Conference on Information and
Innovation Technologies in Education, Badajoz, Spain, Nov., 2002
- Plataforma de enseñanza de lenguajes de programación a través de Internet: Proyecto IDEFIX
Jose E. Labra G., Jose M. Morales Gil, Roberto Turrado C.,
VIII Jornadas de Enseñanza Universitaria de Informática, Cáceres, Spain, July, 2002
This section includes public specifications and documents developed by the IDEFIX team.
These documents are only in english.
This section contains internal documents. Although these documents are public, they are
not part of the IDEFIX main documentation. These documents should be written in english, but
you can find some spanish documents also.
Private communications are accesible only to members of the IDEFIX project.
These communications may be written both in english or spanish.
Jose Emilio Labra Gayo
Department of Computer Science
University of Oviedo
C/ Calvo Sotelo S/N CP 33007
Oviedo - Spain
Group mailing List: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/idefix/
Author: Jose Emilio Labra Gayo